Sunday, March 23, 2008

No Homework!

Tomorrow I have an assignment due, in fact, the only assignment for my heat transfer class. Each week a different group gets assigned a problem and each group gets only one for the whole semester, and tomorrow mine is due. It was assigned two weeks ago. I haven't done any of it. I haven't any clue how to do it.

Two weeks ago one of my group members said we would all try the problem on our own, then discuss it later on. I gave him my email address and expected to hear from him by the end of the week.

Days went by, and nothing. A week went by, and nothing. A week and a half went by, and nothing. I didn't have anybodys email so I couldn't contact them, and I was getting a bit worried about finishing it. We had to write an entire report about the problem, including a description of everyone's contribution to the project, and thus far my contribution had been nothing. I finally received an email from Yao Shun asking for my MSN so we could discuss part c). Well another three days went by and I still didn't hear from him, and by now it was 3:00 on Sunday afternoon. So I emailed him and told him I was worried about getting it done. A few hours later he finally IMed me:

(05:27:21 SGT) yaoshun: hello this is yaoshun from heat transfer tut
(05:27:28 SGT) Danielle: hi
(05:27:57 SGT) yaoshun: i already finish the whole thing
(05:28:12 SGT) Danielle: really??
(05:28:24 SGT) Danielle: so we arent meeting or anything?
(05:28:29 SGT) yaoshun: ya
(05:28:33 SGT) yaoshun: haha
(05:28:43 SGT) yaoshun: we suppose to hand in tmr
(05:28:53 SGT) Danielle: haha, well are you still going to say we contributed something so we all get credit for it
(05:29:11 SGT) yaoshun: ya no problem
(05:29:13 SGT) yaoshun: haha
(05:30:26 SGT) Danielle: haha well thanks
(05:30:52 SGT) yaoshun: no problem
(05:31:30 SGT) yaoshun: usually we dont give a damn about the peer assesement thingin
(05:31:42 SGT) yaoshun: haha
(05:31:45 SGT) Danielle: haha
(05:31:54 SGT) Danielle: awesome

Are there any Singaporeans at Madison? Can they always be my group partners?

No comments: