Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kuala Lumpur Expenses

I thought it would be useful to keep track of my travel expenses, not only for my own benefit, but also for anyone else who is thinking of travelling to Southeast Asia, be they friends, family, or other students. I've broken down my expenses into four categories: Travel + Accomodation, Food, Activities + Entertainment, and Gifts + Souvenirs.

Travel + Accomodation includes only travel to and from the destination, not travel while there. For example, I included bus tickets to the Batu Caves and LRT fares to the Patronas Towers in Activities + Entertainment. Also in that category is any beer or alcohol, since they are for fun rather than neccessity. Food includes meals and snacks, and Gifts + Souvenirs includes any and all shopping I did while away, regardless of who it's for or where it's from.

So, the breakdown for KL is ....

Travel + Accomodation ...... US$37
Food ...... US$15
Activities + Entertainment ...... US$21
Gifts + Souvenirs ...... US$21

Grand Total = US$94

No comments: