Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monkeys at Batu Caves

I almost forgot one of the best parts of the trip: the monkeys at the Batu Caves. A guy staying in Le Village told me about his trip to the Batu Caves and how somebody had brought a bunch of grapes with them. He said the monkeys ran up to this person and grabbed their grapes away, then ran off with them. He said they had been grabbing at their arms trying to get the food away, and that it was a pretty entertaining sight.

I decided I should probably bring some food along.

But after some of the other students started talking about how I could get rabies if I got bitten by a monkey, I decided against it. Luckily some Orange County American woman wearing D&G sunglasses and heels whilst visiting a cave of all places brought along a bag of peanuts and a bunch of bananas to feed the monkeys. Before she could give them anything they ran up to her, grabbed the food from her hands, and ran off with it. It was hilarious. The monkeys all crowded around the food to grab whatever they could then ran off into the trees to eat it.

The monkeys were all so aggressive, and not afraid of humans at all! I got right up next to two of them who were snacking on fruit. One was even peeing itself while eating an orange.

No comments: