Monday, January 7, 2008

What a Weekend!

I'm having so much fun here with all the other exchange students. Yesterday my roommate Yonna and I went to Sentosa. It was absoultely gorgeous!!! We laid on the beach for a while at Cafe del Mar. They even let us stay on one of the beds for a while. I ordered my first real Singapore Sling, and it was delicious! Much better than the one the bartender at Blue Velvet in Madison tried to make for me.

Yesterday I started to get very sick of the food, but I think I may have been quite dehydrated from so much partying the night before. We went to a club called Ministry of Sound and danced until 4:00am!! It was fabulous and I can't wait to go back. The next morning Yonna and I got some breakfast but I didn't feel well at all and all I wanted was a big juicy hamburger with mushrooms, jalepenos and cheese -- LOTS of cheese. We ate some french fries at Sentosa and it really hit the spot! But I do like the food here -- for the most part. One of the canteens serves chicken feet -- WHOLE chicken feet. I will certainly not be eating any of that. And being a Wisconsin girl I do miss my dairy. I ordered milk for lunch and it turned out to be evaporated, warmed, and gross, at least compared to the delicious milk from the Happy Cows of Wisconsin. But rice and noodles are certainly more healthy than so much dairy, although almost all of the food here is fried. I do try and stay away from that but it's good every once in a while.

Well I bought a computer online today, and I think it should be here within a week so I will post my pictures soon! It will take me quite a while because there are so many of them!!

No comments: